Wednesday, May 27, 2009

June Tea Classes at Teacup

I am excited to announce Teacup's tea class schedule for June 2009!

On Thursday, June 4th I will teach "A World of Tea." This class will discuss all the major categories of tea and provide many samples. Learn how to identify the type of tea just by looking at the leaves, and understand how processing and region affect different teas.

On Thursday, June 18th I will teach "Introduction to Black Tea." In this class, we will learn what to look for when you buy black tea and how to brew a perfect cup. We will also taste several famous styles of black teas from China, India, Sri Lanka and Kenya. We will also look at leaf grades and leaf sizes and how they affect the brew.

These evening classes will go from 7:00 to 8:00 pm and cost $2 per guest. They require a RSVP (it's usually OK to RSVP even on the same day!) You can RSVP anytime by visiting, calling or emailing the Teacup (206-283-5931), (teacup@seattleteacup.com), or by emailing me at blackdragontea@gmail.com. I will let you know as new classes are scheduled, and please feel free to suggest a class idea on a subject you'd like to learn more about. I hope to see you soon at a class!

Here are a few photos from my (super fun) class "Green tea 101"


Nine green teas:


A plucking from my tea bush:

No comments: