Friday, January 1, 2010

Teacup Tea Classes - January 2010

This month I am pleased to present 2 tea classes at Teacup (2128 Queen Anne Ave. N. Seattle, WA, 98109).

January 7, 2010 - 7:00 to 8:00 pm
Advanced Tea Brewing - In this class we will take a more scientific approach to tea brewing and sampling using a gram scale, timer and thermometer. We will taste several wonderful teas brewed using "optimal techniques" and then we'll try the same teas using "less-than-optimal" techniques.

January 28, 2010 - 7:00 to 8:00 pm
Oolong Tea "Taiwan Style" - In this class we will discuss Taiwanese oolong tea history and production and we will taste several oolongs from different parts of the island while focusing on their distinct flavor profiles. This class will feature some fresh new oolongs from my mid-January buying trip!



These evening classes cost $3 per guest and require a RSVP. It's sometimes OK to RSVP even on the same day. You may RSVP anytime by visiting or calling the Teacup (206-283-5931) or by emailing me at blackdragontea@gmail.com. I will let you know as new classes are scheduled, and please feel free to suggest a class idea on a subject you'd like to learn more about. I hope to see you soon at a class!

1 comment:

alexis said...

I so wish that I could come to your Oolong Tea "Taiwan Style" class. Will you be sharing any videos segments or photos from the class?