Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Black Dragon Tea Bar Blog

Hi (你好).
My name is Brett. Here is a photo of me sharing a cup of tea with Luyu (陆羽) in Pinglin, Taiwan (坪林台灣).


I'm a student of Chinese tea culture living in Seattle (西雅圖). I have a beautiful wife and sweet baby girl.

Thank you (謝謝你) for checking out my blog! I plan to post mainly about tea but please be warned that I easily get sidetracked and may end up posting lots of other random stuff too. Also, all of the photos in this entire blog will have only been taken by me, my wife or a close friend.

To myself and many other people, tea represents an internationally conscious and harmonious lifestyle. Every time we drink tea we are doing something good for our physical body, but just as importantly tea creates peace and cultivates balance.

Here is one of my favorite tea quotes that will help illuminate my profound love of the leaf:

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing towards the future. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life." -Thich Nhat Hanh (Vietnamese monk, peace activist, and writer)



7 comments:

Alanna said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! So glad you are sharing your tea expertise with the world. Looking forward to following your blog!

Jessie said...

Yay for Brett's awesome blog! This is perfect. Robert and I have been doing lots of tea eduction down here among our new friends. Your blog will be the perfect place to send them for reliable information and awesome pictures! Not to mention that I always learn something new myself from "the tea master"! Keep up the great work Brett!

Dr. Weirdo said...

Cool! I'm excited about this. Thanks for sharing what you know, Brett. :)

- Mel!ssa

Sacha said...

Thank you Brett for sharing your passion with us! I completly agree with your vision of tea, surfing your recent articles, I sincerly find they are written with the heart... I'll come visit often for sure! Cheers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pete.Moss said...

I know a girl here in the Poconos who was locked in County for Tea Bags. Don't let that happen to you, Meistro.

Brett said...

Hiya Poconos Pete! Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure what it means but it's still pretty rad!