Monday, March 1, 2010

The laid-back person's guide to brewing a nice pot of imaginary tea

Step 1 - Fill a real teapot, a toy teapot, something that looks like a teapot, or an imaginary teapot up with imaginary water.


Step 2 - Pretend to boil the imaginary water. If you don't have a toy stove you can use a real stove or a pretend stove, but either way it's very important to only use imaginary heat!


Step 3 - Find a box of imaginary tea leaves. For best results, imaginary tea should be very fresh and super high quality. So you should pretend to buy the very best!

Looks like I'm running a little low on my imaginary tea....


...Oh wait... I actually have a whole other unopened box!

Step 4 - I generally use about one teaspoon of imaginary tea leaves per imaginary cup of pretend water. But that is just a basic "rule-of thumb" and because imaginary tea is so forgiving I have found that it often tastes the same no matter how much imaginary leaf I put in the teapot.


Step 5 - Carefully pour the imaginary tea into real or pretend cups. If you're using a real teapot you may want to hang on to the lid so it doesn't fall off.

watch how the master does it

Step 6 - Sip your imaginary tea slowly and mindfully while saying silly things like: "mmm this is delicious tea" and "may I have some more tea please."



Thanks for reading and please join us next month when the laid back person's guide will take an in depth look at "how to boil water."

10 comments:

Marlena said...

Always the very best tea of all

Veri-Tea said...

This is so awesome :)

Jackie said...

Incredibly cute! I'm sure that if you had an imaginary tea salon, it would be booked out for imaginary weeks.

That aside, the laid back attitude is a nice one, no point in taking your tea too seriously. They're just green leaves after all, though mighty fines ones indeed.

Besides, with these simple brewing instructions here, you really can't go wrong. Just need to acquire an imaginary pink teapot.

CindyW said...

Very sweet! :) I think my most memorable teas have been imaginary ones with my nieces and nephew.

Allison said...

Love this!

Alanna said...

Thank you for this great post! It really brightened my day. Glad that I got to enjoy a few nice infusions of imaginary tea when I got home today!

Nicole Manha said...

You are so cleaver! This had me in barrel laughs!

Jon Gee said...

AHH YEAH!!!
I'm thinking of having some imaginary tea this afternoon with Cora and Silas.

Michael said...

wow that kid's imaginary kitchen is better than my real one!

Gio said...

tender and perfect