Tuesday, October 2, 2012

2013 Tea Calendar

A few days ago, I received a beautiful 2013 tea calendar put together by the esteemed tea writer and photographer Lindsey Goodwin. I first saw it advertised on our mutual friend Steph's tea blog and after checking it out on Lindsey's Copy and Taste Blog I knew I needed one.


This calendar is unique in that it features many major and minor holidays from all over the world. That alone would have been enough for me... but Lindsey's calendar goes much further by including lots of tea-related dates every month. For example, February 4th is the Chanoyu Celebration of Dawn in Winter, and April 18th kicks off the Shanghai International Tea Culture Festival. Who knew?! Another cool thing about this calendar is that every month features a recommended tea. I'm going to make a point of drinking at least one cup of these recommended teas throughout 2013!

2 comments:

Vee said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying the calendar! It was a labor of love for me and it has been such a joy to see how it has helped others appreciate tea more in its many aspects. Next year, I would love to hear how you like the teas of the month, as well as any suggestions you might have for teas / calendar additions for 2014!

Steph said...

Cool, cool, cool! Can't wait to get mine.