Friday, July 15, 2011

Garden Tea Party

Last Sunday, on a lovely summer afternoon here in Seattle, my wife and I hosted 12 friends to an afternoon of fine tea and light snacks in our garden.

On the tea menu was: Spring 2011 Alishan Zhang Shu Hu, Spring 2011 Wenshan Baozhong, Summer 2010 Formosa Bonita hongcha, 1999 Baked Tie Guanyin and a wee nip of Communitea Kombucha.

The all-vegan-nibbles included: cherry almond tart, fresh baked sourdough bread, hummus, strawberry jam, cherry-vanilla jam, and coconut date balls (all homemade by my brilliant wife).








3 comments:

Eugenius Smith said...

What a great way to spend an afternoon! I've hosted a few tea-gatherings myself, but never quite on that scale, nor in the open air of my backyard (screened in porches just aren't the same, somehow). I may just have to appropriate this idea for my own use sometime soon. Glad your event was a success!

-Eugenius

Jackie said...

Wonderful pics of a lovely afternoon. The tea and food menu sounds delightful. What a great way to celebrate the "way of tea."
Wish more people hosted little gatherings like this one. I guess there's nothing stopping us, is there?

J.

Unknown said...

Healthy tea party, I like the yard.