Sunday, August 1, 2010

Teacup Tea Classes - August 2010

I am happy to be teaching these two tea classes this month at Teacup (2128 Queen Anne Ave. N. Seattle, WA, 98109).

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 11:00 AM to Noon
World of Tea - In this class we will discuss all the major categories of tea and provide many fresh brewed samples. We will also learn several ways to brew great tasting tea while we talk about tea production and traditions in different countries.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 11:00 AM to Noon
Oolong Tea 101- In this class we will explore many delicious varieties of oolong tea made in China and Taiwan. Students will learn how different oolongs are made while we taste several fine examples brewed in both the Chinese and Western style. I will bring in one or two special teas from my personal stash to serve in addition to Teacup's fantastic stock.

My tea classes are great for tea lovers of all levels, so feel free to bring a friend or family member that you'd like to "get hooked" on tea. The cost is $3 per guest and a RSVP is required. You may RSVP anytime by visiting or calling the Teacup (206-283-5931) or by emailing me at blackdragontea@gmail.com.

I will let you know as new classes are scheduled, and please feel free to suggest a class idea on a subject you'd like to learn more about. I hope to see you soon at a class!

No comments: